Renovating your home can be a big undertaking, especially if you are working with an interior designer. In order to ensure that your home renovation project is a success, it’s important to prepare ahead of time and present the right information to your interior designer (ID).
Here are some things you need to prepare for home renovation to present to your ID:
- Budget: The first thing you need to prepare for your home renovation is your budget. This will help your ID to determine what materials and design elements are possible for your project. Be honest about what you can afford, and ask your ID to provide a detailed breakdown of the costs involved.
- Inspiration: Collect images, articles, and other sources of inspiration from Pinterest or Instagram that reflect the style and design you’re looking to achieve. This will give your ID an idea of your tastes and preferences, and help them to create a design that meets your expectations.
- Floor Plan: If possible, provide your ID with a floor plan of your home. This will help them to understand the layout of your space and plan accordingly. If you don’t have a floor plan, your ID may need to create one for you.
- Timeline: Determine the timeline for your home renovation project. This will help your ID to plan the renovation in a way that works for your schedule. Be sure to communicate any important deadlines or events that may affect the timeline.
- Must-Haves: Make a list of must-haves for your home renovation. These could be specific design elements or features that you want to include in your home. Be sure to communicate these to your ID so that they can be incorporated into the design.
- Existing Conditions: It’s important to inform your ID of any existing conditions in your home that may affect the renovation. This could include things like structural issues, plumbing or electrical problems, or other factors that need to be addressed before the renovation can begin.
- Storage: Lastly, think about storage. During the renovation process, you will need to move furniture and other items out of the way. Make sure you have a plan for storing your belongings during this time. This could include renting a storage unit, using a spare room in your home, or storing items with a friend or family member.
By preparing these things ahead of time, you can help ensure that your home renovation project is a success. With the right information and planning, your ID can create a design that meets your needs and exceeds your expectations.
Or you could contact us and we’ll walk you through the renovation process, easy peasy.
4 Effective Ways to Keep Your Kitchen Bug-Free A clean and hygienic kitchen is essential for maintaining a healthy and happy home. However, one common issue that can disrupt the serenity of your culinary haven is the presence of unwanted pests, especially bugs. These tiny intruders can contaminate your food, spread diseases, and create an […]
5 Home Renovation Mistakes to Avoid Renovating your home can be an exciting yet challenging endeavour. In Singapore, where space is often limited, making the most out of your living area becomes even more critical. However, many homeowners fall into common renovation pitfalls that can lead to unnecessary stress, delays, and budget overruns. To help […]
Bringing the beauty of nature indoors has never been easier or more popular than it is today. Plants not only enhance the aesthetics of a room but also provide numerous health benefits. If you’re looking to revitalize your living space and infuse it with a breath of fresh air, we’ve got you covered. In this […]